Shadow Directors Brisbane
Learn more about Shadow Directors Brisbane, Gold Coast, Sydney and Melbourne with Brisbane Debt Solutions. A shadow director is a holder of a private firm/company who is not the director and does not participate in the operation of the company. Given the circumstance, any person, including the board or a director, the company or a holding company can be treated as a shadow director.
DUTIES OF SHADOW DIRECTORS – Your Brisbane based Experts
Employees and directors comply with their instructions which can help streamline company process. We recommend that an individual should be mindful of their role in a company, given the above information.
An important fact to note is that they by law are a de facto director and they are held equally liable for obligations of the company, as are other directors.
Shadow Directors have the following duties:
- Prevent insolvent trading
- Practice care and skill
- Act in the best interest of the company (good faith)
- Practice their power as a director for a proper purpose
- They have a duty not to gain advantage for themselves, someone else, or cause detriment to the company by incorrect use of their place; and
- Release any material or personal interest that they may have in a matter, that relates to company affairs.
Are you unaware if you are a shadow director? Need some advice on this process? Contact Brisbane Debt Solutions today on 1300 88 70 93, or fill out our contact form and one of our friendly staff will be in touch with you.